A personal journey running thirteen Half Marathons in 2013. The training, the races, the suffering and the joy.

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

International Message of Running

When I started this blog, I was doing so mostly for my own recreation. However; as I continue to write and run, I find myself reading more about other runners' experiences. Although its a simple concept, I still find it fascinating how many other people in the world have goals both similar and greater to my own.

I have also recently discovered Google Translate. In doing so I have been able to read more running blogs and join running communities around the world. I feel like a kid with a HAM radio!

In an experiment using Google, I translate basic running-related key words into other languages, then search the Google Plus Communities for those words. First lesson-although the word 'running' might have a reciprocal in another language it doesn't  necessarily have the same meaning.

As of yesterday, in my effort for cross-cultural running exchange, I have sent out messages and joined Internet running communities in the following countries: Germany, Turkey, Greece, Japan, Czech Republic, Finland, Poland and Portugal.


Once joined, my next message is simple. For instance this is a message I posted after translating it into many languages:


Thank you for your kindness. I am using Google translator so please excuse me if my writing is incorrect.

My goal is to run 13 half marathonsin 2013 and I am writing a blog about it. I also like to read what other runners are doing around the world. It’s interesting how the simple act of running which is basic to all human beings can be a source of community across cultural differences.


I have since received several warm messages and encouragement from members of those communities. So in the spirit of international running diplomacy:


Here’s to good health, good racing, and lots of happy running!

這裡的身體健康,良好的賽車,和很多快樂奔跑!

Hier ist eine gute Gesundheit, gute Rennen und viele glückliche Lauf!

Burada iyi sağlık, iyi yarış ve mutlu çalışan bir sürü var!

Εδώ είναι για την καλή υγεία, καλή αγωνιστική και πολλά ευτυχισμένο τρέξιμο!

Zde je pro dobré zdraví, dobré závody, a spoustou šťastný průběh!

Tässä on hyvä terveys, hyvä kilpa, ja paljon onnellisia käynnissä!

Oto do dobrego zdrowia, dobry, wyścigi i wiele szczęśliwy przebieg!

Aqui está a boa saúde, boa corrida, e muita corrida feliz!

ここでは、健康、良いレース、幸せなランニングの多くに乾杯!









No comments:

Post a Comment