A personal journey running thirteen Half Marathons in 2013. The training, the races, the suffering and the joy.

Sunday, February 24, 2013

One down, twelve to go!

#1.5 Fan
This morning brought the inaugural half marathon in our little experiment. The Last Chance for Boston is a USATF certified race where runners can qualify for the Boston Marathon. Just to be clear, I have, in no way shape or form, qualified for the Boston Marathon! It was, however, a small local race that I thought would serve nicely to start the season.

This run was unusual for me in that it was a one mile loop. I was worried that by round thirteen I would be bored senseless or that I would forget how many laps I had completed. In fact, I kept a Sharpie pen in my pocket to keep track on my forearm. Loop or no, the race started without a hitch and finished for me some two hours and twenty six minutes later much the same. The difference being that I was as close to my car at the end as when I had started. I struggled a bit during miles eleven and twelve, but it was the longest I'd run since last October. Kate brought Campbell and they both did a great job in the cheering section. Thanks to the Crowne Plaza staff for letting them warm up between laps.

Bib # 109 results link on the blog to the right.


No comments:

Post a Comment